Saturday, January 25, 2014

Disgracing the Glory





An article from my friend – Fida Karim on Facebook brought up many questions in my mind like....What is the standard of University Education in Rural Sindh????......or….Is this how most of the students score "A+" and "A" grades in Rural Sindh????


Article
Lately I came across a DOUBLE MASTER degree holder in rural Sindh. He stated that he wants to work in social sector therefore, needed my assistance to find a suitable job in development sector. This is how we interacted:

Me: please tell me about yourself and your educational background?
Candidate: Sir I have masters degree in Economics and Sociology one got from Shah Abdul Latif Uni Khairpur and later on from Sindh Uni Jamshoro. I have "A" in both the subjects.
Me: Great! i am excited to know about your academic credentials. May I know what were major subjects in Masters in Economics as I myself is an Economics graduate having special interest in development economics?
Candidate: Sir have completed my degrees quite some time ago that's why not remember the names of subjects......
Me: Its alright! What were your subjects at your Graduation level? 
Candidate: Sir it was graduation level subjects 
Me: Great! you might have completed Intermediate as well ? 
Candidate: Yes Sir
Me: We needed people like you. May i know what subjects did you learn in your inter?
Candidate: Sir Economics
Me: What did you learn in Economics?
Candidate: regarding economics 
Me: Regarding economics? I didn't understand. . . may you please elaborate what were you learning in Economics?
Candidate: Sir why are you asking what I have learn . . . actually we complete an year than automatically promoted to next class. What we were doing was simply copying from books and moving ahead.
Me: Great! I know this is how it happens; what else you can do? Tell me about your experience?
Candidate: I have experience of carrying tents and other items on head to safer places during 2010-11 floods.
Me: anything else? What about English and computer skills?
Candidates: I can write English (copying) but can't use computer.
Me: You are an "exceptional" candidate so we didn't have any "exceptional" position except a vacant position of Dish Washer, but for that you are "overqualified" nevertheless, I will strongly recommend you whenever there arise any "exceptional positional" in my professional or social circle. 
Good Luck & Cheers 

No comments:

Post a Comment